Saturday, April 11, 2009

Italy

This past week has been Semana Santa, or Holy Week, so I went to Italy with my friend Meredith. We went to Rome, Florence, Venice, and Verona. In Rome, we went to Vatican City, the Colosseum, the Pantheon, saw a ton of ruins, and the National Museum of Rome. Last Sunday, we left Rome and headed for Florence. We were in Florence when the earthquake struck outside of Rome, so we fortunately didn't feel anything. In Florence, we saw the Duomo cathedral, Ponte Vecchio, the Academia Gallery which houses the famous David, and went to a Science musuem. In Venice, we walked around St. Mark's square and saw the Doge Palace, which was really cool. Lastly, we stopped in Verona and saw Romeo and Juliet's house. We had great weather the whole time we were there, and obviously were lucky that we weren't in Rome the night of the earthquake.
This is a picture of me inside the Colosseum.
Outside the Colosseum.

At the Trevi Fountain.
The Duomo in Florence.
Me in front of the Ponte Vecchio, where tons of jewelery stores are located.

I wasn't supposed to, but I got a picture of David. A security guard caught me, but they yelled in Italian at Meredith and not me! I guess I don't look Italian....
Me in Venice
Some of the canal in Venice...notice the map that I'm holding...
Near the river in Verona...it was such a cute little town!

No comments: